2016 Scholarship Information
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and a resident of San Diego, Imperial, Orange, Riverside, Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara, Kern, San Bernardino, or San Luis Obispo Counties; and
- Must have been accepted by and planning on attending The Florida State University as a freshman beginning Fall 2014. Please note applicants will be contacted via US Mail by May 28th if eligible.
Your application packet must include the following to be considered complete:
- Completed application signed by both you and either a school principal, vice principal or school counselor.
- A head shot (which will be used by the clubs in social media in the event that you are one of our two scholarship recipients);
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, addressed to the Los Angeles and San Diego Seminole Clubs:
- One (1) of the letters should be from school officials, i.e., principal, vice principal, counselor, teacher or coach, and
- One (1) letter should be from an outside source, i.e., current or former employer, clergy member, peer or other non-relative who knows you well;
- One (1) essay, no more than 1000 words, written by you (typed) on why you chose The Florida State University and your academic goals at FSU;
- A list of the names of FSU Alumni with whom you are well-acquainted, the year they graduated, their current address, and relationship to you, i.e., parent, friend, etc.
- Transcript: The application and all required supporting materials must be sent to email@example.com by 5 p.m. Pacific time on Friday, June 6, 2014.
Applicants will be selected based upon the following criteria (in order of priority):
- Financial need
- Academic merit
- Community service
- Expressed desire to attend the Florida State University
Recipients will be notified by June 13th and announced on social media shortly thereafter. If you are interested in this scholarship or have other questions, please contact Krystle English or Jeanette Jungreis as soon as possible.
2016 Scholarship Winner Info
We are pleased to announce that this year’s Southern California Scholarship (jointly administered by San Diego Seminole Club and LA Seminole Club) for incoming FSU freshmen from our region will be going to Alex Withers (FSU Class of 2016) of Coronado in San Diego County. Alex has demonstrated excellence both in the classroom and in her dedication to serving her community through various organizations over the years. Please join us in welcoming Alex to the Tribe and congratulating her for her success. Do great things at FSU, Alex! Go ‘Noles!!